Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 things...

I loved getting chain mail as a kid.  I would marvel at the idea of passing around silly thoughts, recipes, dares, etc....only to see if I would again receive them in return.  Today's chain mail takes a different form, and while there are probably better things I could often do with my time, every now and then I get the urge to indulge in my secret love for all things trivial, and pass some along myself.   I decided against the now-traditional method of writing a note and tagging people on facebook- partly because most of the people I would tag have already done this and therefore passing it along to them in order for them to pass it back to me again would be pointless.  And partly because I think there are times when thoughts are better understood when they are separated from the chain.  And so here we are.   And for those of you who have tagged me (and for those of you who haven't), here are my 25 things.  

1. There is a question that has plagued my mind for years.  What if everyone really has the same favorite color?  Like what if what looks like red to me looks like yellow to you, but it is really the same color? After all, we learn to recognize color according to what WE see.  Thoughts?

2. One of my greatest strengths is that I dream big.  This is also one of my greatest weaknesses.

3.  I have recently realized that I am not nearly as spontaneous as I think I am.  Sure, I am still up for a last-minute weekend trip, bowl of ice cream or all-nighter, but honestly, I want to have every long-term detail of my life planed out.

4. There are so many things I want to do with my life that sometimes I get disappointed when i think that I won't be able to accomplish them all.  For a short list, read my posts below.

5.  I wore some black shoes out today and spent a good amount of time sloshing around in them in the half water/half ice world outside.  Now my feet are black.  And it won't come off.  I think they need to test the color-fastness a little better!

6.  I laugh at myself all the time. My mind cooks up some pretty funny things!

7.  If I could spend a day doing anything it would be sitting with a good friend  and talking.  Relationships are so important to me and I absolutely love digging into the lives of others.  

8.  There are very few things in life that I am afraid of.  At the top of the list: Not making a difference.

9.  I talk too much.  I often cut people off and say things when nothing really needs to be said.  If I have done this to you, I am sorry.  I promise I am trying to work on it. 

10.  The first pet that I ever asked my parents for was a billy goat.  I never got one.

11. I really want to run a marathon.  Definitely not because I love to run, but because running has long been an enemy of mine and I really want to win the war.  

12.  There are times I wish I had been born in another culture.  I love the United States and feel blessed for all I have- but long for the joy in simplicity I have seen in other cultures I have had the privilege to be a part of.

13. I wish I had never quit piano lessons.  My mom always told me I would say that someday.  

14.  When on my first solo airplane flight in jr. high, I sat next to the man who won the gold medal in archery at the olympics.  Or so he says.  I have not yet been able to find archery on tv while the Olympics is on.  

15.  I love my dogs.  Someday I want to have a huge yard so that I can be a doggy foster mom.

16.  Some of my best hours have been spent sitting in the bathroom alone....with my guitar....worshipping my Father.  I know the bathroom is an unlikely place, but it is my spot.

17.  I wish I had spent more time with my siblings growing up.  I know I missed out on some great things.

18.  I am still a little kid at heart.  Coloring, macaroni and cheese, and disney movies still make me happy.  I hope I never grow out of it.

19.  I hate feet.  

20.  I could eat ice cream all day, every day, and never get tired of it.  Or sick.  I love my strong stomach!

21.  I still remember what I wore on my first day of Kindergarten.  A bright yellow sweatsuit with a pink and blue emblem on the front.  It was glorious.

22.  I was never very good at selling magazines for fundraisers in elementary school, and was always jealous of the kids whose parents just sold them to all of their friends so they could get big prizes.

23.  Someday, I will own a yellow car.

24.  I chew on the inside of my lip a lot.  It's annoying, but I can't stop doing it.

25.  I have but one candle to burn, and I'd rather burn it in a land dying in darkness than in one flooded with lights.  

So, there you are my friends!  A little piece of my mind, a little piece of my heart.  And of course, a little bit of randomness.  You are a blessing. 

   

1 comment:

  1. Your #25 is beautiful!!

    But ya the whole thing is awesome, and I definitely agree that pulling it away from facebook gives it a little more meaning and allows better understanding.

    Good stuff, especially the bathroom, anywhere is good enough as long as you make it that way ;)

    ReplyDelete