Monday, January 4, 2010

These are My Confessions...

Aight’ y’all, bust out the Usher…. ‘cause these are my confessions! “Just when I thought I said all I could say…” Yes, I am aware of my complete and utter ridiculousness… but what would life be without it? You see, in the past few months, I have learned to appreciate the rawness of life. To see it for what it is….to see myself for the reality of what and who I am. And then…..and I am so thankful that there is an and then…to lay the shadowbox of the Lord’s incredible goodness and grace over the mess I have made in order to decipher what really matters.

As I attempt to continue to unpack this mind-bottling (yep, bottling…as in the words of Will Ferrel- because my thoughts feel like they are trapped in a bottle!) expedition of mine, I have realized that I am not the only one on this journey! There are countless others (you, perhaps) who are trudging through the same muddy waters as I am. And so….I have decided to share parts of my journey with you. And if you find yourself to be one of the many who is sharing in this journey with me, may you take heart in knowing that there is someone who is wading alongside you.

And as I think about where to begin…I simply can’t think of a better place than at the beginning. With who I am. So go ahead, cue Usher again…

2 comments: